Dr. Cyphers’ area of interest is in small animal care, with 29 years of experience. Each pet receives her personal attention, focused on their individual personality and needs.Our team takes the time to get to know your pet and support what you need as an owner to feel confident entrusting your pet to our care.
We have a broad range of in-house customized services and, when advised, a network of specialists we trust to help us give you the best care available.
Our In-House Services Include:
Diagnostic & Internal Medicine – At Family Pets Vet Care, we utilize our state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose a full range of potential medical needs. For example, chemistry profiles, Parvo, Pancreatitis, Tick-borne diseases, Feline leukemia and more. The majority of illnesses can be treated as out-patient. If a pet requires temporary veterinary monitoring, we offer that as well. Our clients are sent home with a full treatment plan and medications. And, as always, we are on call to answer your questions as needed.
· Allergy Testing & Solutions. Once your pet is tested through a blood sample, the lab will create a desensitizing injection series to help your pet cope with allergies. Progress is monitored by Dr. Viki.
· Radiology. Diagnostic radiology is used carefully to assess any internal abnormalities.
· Skin Care. A small animal’s skin is an indication of her/his overall health. Excessive scratching, chewing and/or licking needs to be diagnosed and treated quicly. Allergies, fleas/ticks, infections, stress/boredom, metabolic or hormone problems and even season changes can be the underlying cause.
· Pain Control & Treatment. Pain has a serious affect on our pet’s quality of life. Since our pet cannot tell us where it hurts and how much, we take the time needed to find out what is going on and how best to create both short-term comfort and long-term relief whenever possible.
Comprehensive Wellness Exams – Since our pets cannot tell us when something is bothering them, we recommend an annual full body exam. This includes checking:
- Eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Teeth and gums
- Heart and lungs
- Abdomen for any abnormalities
- Temperature and overall body condition including body weight, coat and skin condition.
- Overall behavior patterns
Preventative Medicine – Our Focus For Your Pet’s Long-Term Health
- Puppy Exams – Start your pet’s life out right with an overall health assessment.
We have both annual and 3-year vaccinations into our vaccine protocol tailored to individual needs.
Dental Hygiene – Teeth are the most often forgotten area for care. We offer dental chews and Oravet, a plaque barrier applied to your pet’s teeth after a cleaning procedure. Stop in to check out these options.
Parasite Program – Pesky fleas and ticks, as well as heartworm and other critters we do not want in our pet’s lives are tackled with a system and follow-up in partnership with you.
Nutritional Counseling – Pet overweight? Have special medical needs? Requires a temporary food replacement? Family Pets has what you need and will help you plan a diet that works for your dog/cat.
Acute Medical Care – When your pet suffers from an acute condition, Family Pets is on the spot with immediate attention. Our in-house lab helps us get fast results for diagnosing the problem and treating it. If necessary, we will make a house call because we care that much about our clients.
Surgery – From the tip of their nose to the end of their tail, there isn’t much that Dr. Viki hasn’t done. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Gastropexy – Gastropexy is a surgery where in which the stomach is sutured to the abdominal wall to prevent bloat. This is most useful for large breed pets.
- Hernia Repair
- Tail Docking (must be 4 days old or less)
- Dewclaw Removal (must be 4 days old or less)
- Eye Surgeries- Cherry eye, enucleation, entropian
- Ear Surgeries- Aural Hematoma, Lateral Ear Resection, Ear Canal Ablation
- Wound Treatments, laceration repairs, and abscess’s
- Intestine and Stomach
- Urinary Tract- Stone Removal, Urethral Obstruction
Drop Off Appointments – We understand your days are full and life can be busy. When needed, you can drop off your pet for an appointment and schedule a pick up time that same day. Call first to make sure we have the space when you make your appointment or the day before your appointment.
Senior Care – Aging requires a unique approach to wellbeing. Aches, pains/pain management and chronic/acute illness become more prominent. Being aware of your pet’s signs of discomfort, even when they put up a good front for their human, is critical. Dr. Viki not only treats these issues, but can also help you identify problems.
Hospice/Euthanasia Services – There is no good way to begin the process of saying “goodbye” to your pet. With the guidance of Dr. Viki and her team, you have a partner to make this journey as kind and caring as possible. When your pet dies or is euthanized, we can help you with cremation and/or any other option you request. Family Pets is there to help you grieve.
Microchipping – We offer Home Again microchips with registration. Our clinic staff gets email alerts whenever a pet has been reported lost in this region.
Pharmacy – We stock our pharmacy with the most commonly used medications for the treatment of your pets. We also offer compounding in some medications to increase flavor for some of the more tricky medicine takers.
Acupuncture & Herbal Remedies — In the 1970’s, Chinese acupuncturists came to the UCLA’s Pain management Center to train physicians using dogs. The American physicians realized that the dogs were actually getting results, and they contacted veterinarians. Since that time, pet owners bring their animals for acupuncture to help with pain management, digestive support, nerve function, muscle relaxation and more. Family Pets Veterinary Clinic is happy to offer this alternative to our clients.
NEW!!! Grooming — Our groomer Summer is just the best! She’s been grooming over 8 years and even owned her own salon once upon a time. She’s a poodle enthusiast and sorry cat folks, but she doesn’t work on cats. Give us a call and we’d be happy to connect you with her!